Tuesday, November 08, 2005

On The Other Hand...

Well kiddies, now it's time for me to tell you all a wonderful little story that may or may not have been based on true events.

There once was a lovely young woman. She was smart and talented and kind of pretty.
One day, she fell head over heels for a guy she had known ever since she could remember.
He, however, lived miles and miles away now, and she had only seen him at the town's festival one weekend.
She called and wrote to him, and he was sociable but not too overly excited to hear from her.
She interpreted his friendliness to be a mutual feeling that she had developed for him.
Then one day, she got word that insinuated that he was "relating" with others. This of course crushed the young woman, and she went to her room that night and cried herself to sleep because of the emotional stress he imparted upon her.

It's apparent that this story does not have a happy ending (as far as we know).
The moral of the story is "never give your heart to someone unless you know they're not going to drop it and step on it."

Sorry to all of you hopeless romantics out there who had hope for me. I'm done trying to make things work for me. I'm giving up. I am resigning from my chair as "President of the Hopeless Romantics Club." Don't expect me to be back to the meetings anytime soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger DelorumRex said...

bummer.. sorry to hear you made yourself vulnerable and got pooped on.

But I tell you life is better with love than without.. so give up hope not.
(I am stuck in Yoda speek.. sorry)
:)

11:24 AM  
Blogger DelorumRex said...

yo L what's up? Things getting any better?
At elast you blog is not full of smap.. see things are looking up.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Lorrell said...

things aren't better yet, d-rex, but thanx for the advice, yoda wise sounding always yes.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home